Thursday, January 20, 2011

Trying something new in the classroom library

So I have always admired teachers that are perfectly organized by type of book and labeled, but I couldn't quite wrap my mind around how I wanted to organize mine.  For one thing I have open faced book shelves that I love and am not willing to give up and for all the examples that I have seen of these types of organized library have typical shelves with the books organized into baskets by type.  I cannot put baskets on these front facing shelves.

The students I have this year though, seemed to want to pile all the books on the bottom shelf, so I decided to organize by shelf.  I left two shelves for misc books that didn't fit into any category.  Right now I have favorite authors.  Here are some pictures:




I have to find some good tape though to keep them on, as the kids are pretty rough on them.

Here are some of the labels I made:

Download Classroom Library Labels

Any other good category ideas?

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment