Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Zoo!

I am taking a break from Harcourt this week so we can get prepared for our zoo trip on Thursday!  :)  Here are some of the books we will be reading.
This one is pretty wordy so I may paraphrase it or just read a few sentences from each page.

Feeding the giraffes is a big highlight of our zoo, so I always highlight them.

Here are some of the literacy activities that I have planned for the week.

2 Teaching Mommies has an awesome beginning sound activity that my parapro is going to using in her group this week.  Why reinvent the wheel right?  Check out their site because they have a lot of other awesome zoo ideas!

I will also use the giraffe rhyming activity that I created last year. Click on the picture to link to that post.  There are other giraffe items there.




I also created some new things.  The first is a sightword game.  Click on the picture below to download.


Next, is a phoneme segmentation activity.  One of my goals this week is  to work on the names of animals with some of the children.


A zoo real word/nonsense word sort.
We are also going to work on drawing some zoo animals and writing some simple poems about them.  Hopefully I can post picture samples at a later date.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this on the DailyCAFE group. Awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to the zoo this week too. Thanks for these.

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you made. I just posted a bunch of zoo resources you might be interested in,... http://ateachersbagoftricks.blogspot.com/
    - Lisa

    ReplyDelete