Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Splash in the Ocean Literacy

Our big book for the next few weeks is "Splash in the Ocean" by
Other books we are reading are:

"Fish Faces"  by Norbert Wu


"Swimmy" by Leo Lioni
A song:  "There's a Hole in the Middle of the Sea"   Here is a YouTube video of it:



"The Seashore Noisy Book"





Here are some literacy centers I created for this book:

A sight word game.  For some reason, Microsoft Word was being persnickety and would not let me make a title page.  But I just turn the words over on the table and the kids take turns picking them.  If they know them, they put them on their mat.

A rhyming match:


A phoneme segmentation activity:

A real word/nonsense word sort:
 A beginning sound match:


Sight word bingo.  These are harder Dolch words.  I haven't had time to do the Harcourt words yet.  Maybe this weekend.


That's all for now.  Gotta go help my own baby with his homework before our spring program tonight :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to make these and add them to the Ocean Unit. These are so super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are great! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete