Sunday, May 29, 2011

More Ocean Literacy

Here are a few more things I made or the class did for our ocean theme.


Here are the Harcourt words in an ocean themed bingo game. Click on the picture below to download.


Here is a CVC word bingo game.  I focused on short "u" words as that is what our series is focusing on at this time.  Click on the picture to download.


We also read a poem called "The Little Fishes".  We used visualizing to illustrate the poem and then located sight words and a selected letter. Click on the photo to download.



We used this poem as an inspiration for writing our own poems about other sea creatures.




Our art teacher did this project with the first graders, based on "The Rainbow Fish" by Marcus Pfister.  She used pastels and recycled shiny paper. This is my son's project.






 Last, I have some ocean themed math sheets.  I made these based on the objectives the students missed most on their last math test which was subtraction.  Our Wrap-Around tutors will use these or I may send them home for homework.


No comments:

Post a Comment