Friday, June 17, 2011

Classroom Pet Peeves

The Organized Classroom Blog is having classroom pet peeves linky party.  So here are mine in no particular order:

1.  Rearranged Furniture:  I teach 1/2 day kindergarten and I only work part time, so other teachers and ancillary staff often use my classroom in the afternoon.  I certainly don't mind and even encourage other people to use my classroom, but if you move the furniture, please put it back!

2.  Empty Water Bottles and Snack Wrappers:  See above with the added comment of, "Your Mother Does Not Work Here, Please Clean Up After Yourself!!"

3.  Walking My Kids Somewhere to Find Out It's Not Happening:  Whether you take my computer lab time, when there is no sub for a special, when I have signed out the gym for a special activity and the PTO needs to use it, I don't mind, but please tell me before I line up my kids to go there!!

4.  Technology Not Working/Broken Down Copier:  This always happens when I have waited until the last minute to do something, which is my fault, but it still annoys me.

5.  Classroom Interruptions for Non Important Things:  I really don't need to be interrupted teaching to be told that so and so's lunch is in the office.  Although I have to say that this happens very infrequently.

6.  Being Given Notes To Send Home At the Last Minute:  Its not that simple for kindergartners to pull their folder out of their backpack and put a flyer in it to take home.  And if its not in the folder, it either won't make it home or won't be seen.



 Wow!  I had more than I thought.  Sounds like I am annoyed all the time, but I'm really not :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your whole list :)

    A couple more that bug me are:

    1. Students asking for another copy of a long term project directions the day before it's due.
    2. When I ask a student to help pick up a piece of trash on the floor they respond, "It's not mine".

    Denise
    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! I completely agree with the moving furniture around. That goes for borrowing things in my room and returning them in the proper place. (I happen to be an organizational freak, if you can't tell) :)

    Charity
    The Organized Classroom Blog

    ReplyDelete