Organized Classroom Blog is having classroom pet peeves linky party. So here are mine in no particular order:
1. Rearranged Furniture: I teach 1/2 day kindergarten and I only work part time, so other teachers and ancillary staff often use my classroom in the afternoon. I certainly don't mind and even encourage other people to use my classroom, but if you move the furniture, please put it back!
2. Empty Water Bottles and Snack Wrappers: See above with the added comment of, "Your Mother Does Not Work Here, Please Clean Up After Yourself!!"
3. Walking My Kids Somewhere to Find Out It's Not Happening: Whether you take my computer lab time, when there is no sub for a special, when I have signed out the gym for a special activity and the PTO needs to use it, I don't mind, but please tell me before I line up my kids to go there!!
4. Technology Not Working/Broken Down Copier: This always happens when I have waited until the last minute to do something, which is my fault, but it still annoys me.
5. Classroom Interruptions for Non Important Things: I really don't need to be interrupted teaching to be told that so and so's lunch is in the office. Although I have to say that this happens very infrequently.
6. Being Given Notes To Send Home At the Last Minute: Its not that simple for kindergartners to pull their folder out of their backpack and put a flyer in it to take home. And if its not in the folder, it either won't make it home or won't be seen.
Wow! I had more than I thought. Sounds like I am annoyed all the time, but I'm really not :)