Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Even More Valentine's Day Fun!

So first of all I have to show you the ring one of my students gave me as a present:


So when I said it was beautiful and I loved it, he said, "Well don't wear it too long, it will make your finger green!"  Lol.  He is a sweetie, but I need to check with his parents and make sure it was okay for him to give it to me :)


Here are some of the other centers and activities we have had this week for Valentine's Day:


I ordered these buttons from Oriental Trading Company a long time ago.  They are perfect for Valentine's Day because of the colors.  There are so many things that you can do with them, counting sets, patterning, sorting..etc..



We created a category on the bookshelf for our Valentine's Day books.


This is a sorting activity that I think I got from the making learning fun Yahoo group.  Its if yours, let me know and I will give you credit.



This has been the "hot ticket" center this week.  Its a color word stamping from Making Learning Fun.  I've never seen kids get their winter gear off and get in the room so fast as they are to do this right now. :)

This is a letter matching game from Childcare Land.  I think it was originally a flip book, but I turned it into a matching game.


Last for math, we did an estimation activity with candy conversation hearts.  I was surprised at the number of kids who did not want to eat them!

Hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day!!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    Awesome "bling". I love the button sorting! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete