Friday, July 1, 2011

Summertime Sight Words

A friend of mine is teaching 2nd grade language arts for summer school.  She said she has a few kids that are at a level "D" reading ability.  She said they do not have a good base of sight words. So I made her a couple of sight word games.  I used the beginning of the year 1st grade words, since my on grade level kindergartners are at a C/D level at the end of kindergarten.  We use Harcourt Brace Trophies and that is where I got the words.

I made a bingo game.  Click on the picture to download.



And a "kids in the pool" game.  Click on the picture to download.

I may make some beach themed ones later.  Hope someone can use.

4 comments:

  1. These are great! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up. You can never have too much sight word practice.
    Just Add Clipart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower thanks to the freebie linky party. I love your freebie!
    Check out the freebie I listed & follow me too :o)
    Peace, Mel D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bingo games! I'm a new follower. Jump on over to my blog, see my free bingo games, and follow me, too!
    - Jan
    www.firstgradehoneybunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete