Saturday, July 9, 2011

Simple Butterfly Craft

Sometimes I forget about the simplest ideas.  There are so many awesome and new ideas out there, that I forget about the simple and easy things that are cheap and always work :)  My boys made this cute little butterfly craft at library storytime the other day and I had forgotten about it.  I used to make it in my classroom and I did it for literacy night a few years ago.

Best of all, you can get all the materials for this project at the Dollar Store!  If you can't tell, it is a coffee filter scrunched up between a clothespin to make a butterfly.  You can use a variety of materials to color the filter.  My boys used markers, but when I did it for literacy night, I used watercolor paints. You could also add a piece of magnetic tape to make it into a refrigerator magnet.

A great book to read before doing the craft would be:

1 comment:

  1. Olá, sou do Brasil e passeando por alguns blogs que adoro encontrei o seu blog e gostei uito dele, parabéns. Já o coloquei na minha lista de blogs para que possa voltar mais vezes. Bom domingo.

    Marta
    http://eucraftemuitomais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete