Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Literacy

This week has been different as we have been taking our yearly standardized test, the GATES testing.  This is definitely a different experience for the kids, but they have been doing great.  Attendance has been awesome too, with only one absence so far!  Thank you parents!

Next week, we will be doing a little Easter theme, so I created a few materials to use in literacy centers.  The first is a beginning sounds activity that my para pro will use in a small group.  Boy, after GATES testing today, I was glad that I have continued to hit on beginning sounds all year.  At least 2-3 pages of the section we completed today was on beginning sounds.  You can click on the picture below to download the Easter themed beginning sounds.


I also created an Easter sight word game.  There are two sets of words.  The first are sight words from our Harcourt Brace Trophies reading program for those students who still need to work on those words.  The second set are words from the Dolch lists not covered by our program.  Click on the picture below to download.

I also added a couple of new activities to the letter/word work center.  They are both uppercase/lowercase matching.  Uppercase and lowercase was also tested on the GATES test this week.


 




I'm sure that I got both of these from the Making Learning Fun yahoo group.  I tried to look through my files to see who made them, but I couldn't figure it out.  If they are yours, please let me know. :)

We took a look at "Easter Bugs" this week.  I collect the "bugs" books and the kids love them and look forward to looking at them.  I always have to read them more than once.

Next week, I want to be sure to fit in "Max's Chocolate Chicken".




TGIF!

1 comment: