Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Literacy Activities-Freebies

We just have a two day week this week, so instead of regular curriculum I have some Thanksgiving literacy activities planned.

First, we will be reading these two books:










I have a parent who has Native American heritage coming in to do a presentation on Native Americans today and yesterday and talk about Pow Wows with the students.

I created some phonemic awareness activities for syllable segmentation, beginning sounds, and phoneme segmentation.  Click on the picture below to download.


I made a "Where's the Turkey?" sight word game that was totally inspired by Fran Kramer at Kindergarten Crayons.  To see a picture of what this game would look like, click here to see Fran's post.
Here is my version.  Click on the picture to download. You could also use these as sight word cards.


Last, I created a letter naming fluency sheets for about 3 kids in my classroom that are not solid on letter naming yet.  Click on the picture to download.


I love comments, so please leave me a comment if you find something useful!

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas, thanks for sharing. I like the differentiation too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these wonderful materials!
    Ashley DeMazza
    North Canaan Elementary School

    ReplyDelete